Growth and Changes in Plants Overview
Growth and Changes in Plants introduces students to the characteristics of plants, what they need to survive, and the many different interesting ways in which plants grow.
Activities in the grade 3 lessons will encourage your students to observe and investigate a wide group of plants and consider the impact of human activity on plants and their habitats. Students will also be introduced to the role of plants in our lives as sources of oxygen, food, and shelter to highlight the need for humans to protect plants and their habitats.
The lessons and activities will introduce your students to the following concepts:
- Plants have distinct characteristics.
- There are similarities and differences among various types of plants.
- Plants are the primary source of food for humans.
- Humans need to protect plants and their habitats.
- Plants are important to the planet.